Welcome to German Helmet Walhalla This is a free forum for Militaria collectors created and managed by people with a genuine passion for military history and artifacts.
Rules Of Conduct
* Members are asked to treat each other with respect. No personal attacks will be tolerated. Lets keep things friendly and civil.
* No Baiting ! What is baiting ? Posting a topic and withholding information or posting a topic to fool the community. Frauds often use this tactic to destabilize online collector communities.
* No Trolls ! What is a troll ? Often newly registered members or members that are not very active in the community that try to discredit other members or want to have arguments about accepted common knowledge.
* Each section can have its own announcement which could contain additional info about the section you are in. Please make sure you check this out.
* The Market square has a special set of rules of its own , please check them out when you have access.
* For obvious reasons we will ask our members not to use nicknames that resemble those of the administrators or moderators.
* Abusive language will not be tolerated nor racist comments.
* For people who like to add a signature please observe some rules : click Here
* For the same reasons that we don't allow grotesque signatures we must also ask you not to use animated avatars.
* This forum is not intended for appraisals , you can always try to contact someone privately for that purpose. I assume that if you want to engage as a collector you already know what these things cost.
* Picture size requirements must be followed. (800x600 minimum)
* Don't use picture hosting sites or other. We have a magnificent upload facility which allows for multiple picture uploads in one post.
* Always post in the regular size, color and with the regular font. You are allowed to use larger fonts and colors in Walhalla and the Market Square.
* Never post in CAPITAL letters.
* Each section may only hold threads which are about the subject of that section. Our moderators will move or delete off-topic threads.
* Each thread may only contain posts about the subject of that thread. Off-topic posts can be moved or deleted by the moderators.
* No postings of obscene or discriminating pictures allowed , remember this forum is open to all sexes and ages over 16+.
* To keep the forum readable we don't allow pictures that have nothing to do with the thread or discussion. You can use the forum emoticons for these purposes.
* Threads starting with Links instead of pictures will not be allowed. Links go dead after a while and makes threads useless for future reference.
* Threads without pictures must be avoided , if you have questions about an item it's only normal that we need to see it. In other cases the moderators will decide.
* GHW is not affiliated with any dealers therefore we ask of them not to place links , advertise their site or use the forum as a sales platform.
* In the same vein as above we will not allow members to advertise dealer sites here (spam) ; we do encourage the discussion of items being sold by dealers.
* Threads about forum policy , moderator actions , world politics or other forums are not allowed neither are threads which are set up to create controversy.
The GHW administration will do its utmost to create an enjoyable and interesting environment.
To enforce the forum rules we will make use of the tools provided by the forum software.
We reserve the right to censure and delete posts which are deemed a breach of our rules. We reserve the right to lock or delete threads which we feel have gotten out of control or are not in accordance with forum policy and regulations.
We reserve the right to ban members that do not adhere to our rules.
We are not responsible for the contents of the posts made by our members.
This site does not agree with the ideals of National Socialism in any way.
CLASSIFIEDS RULES With the below rules we aim for a secure environment with high quality ads.
Not complying with these rules can result in :
Removal of the item for sale
Removal of all items for sale
Loss of access to the Classifieds section
A permanent ban
Camouflaged and wired items need to have been discussed on the forum , the link to the discussion topic needs to be included in the advert.
Give a full description of what you are selling , lotnumber and maker are required when selling a German helmet.
We expect high quality and detailed photos , minimum size is 800x600. Close-ups of decals are required !
All pictures must be uploaded in your ad. Off forum links are not allowed.
State clearly if the item contains reproduction parts or if it was restored.
Do not sell items on behalf of others.
One item per advert
No mention of COA's , they are of no value and GHW doesn't support the use of them.
Close your advert when sold , traded or no longer wanted. There's a button 'close advert'.
Don't advertise your sales (see forum announcement)
Item listed for sale MUST be as it appears in ad, NO SUBSTITUTES ALLOWED
All items may be freely discussed in the appropriate discussion forums.
ONLY VETERAN MEMBERS ARE PERMITTED TO SELL IN THE CLASSIFIEDS
Adding Pictures to Topics and Posts
1) Allowed max filesize is 2.1Mb. The recommended width/height for photos is 1024x768. 800x600 sized pics is the smallest size we allow , smaller pictures are not of this century anymore.
2) To add pictures make a new topic or post and click on the button "Choose Files" which is just below the text screen. If you reply to a topic and want to add pictures make sure to click the button 'More reply options' first.
This will give you a browser where you can select up to 10 photos that you wish to upload. Select photos by holding the Ctrl key when clicking on them. When you are finished close the browse screen by clicking "Open" (wording depends on what browser you use). The files will be automatically uploaded and attached to your post/topic. (Screenshot #2)
3) If you cannot select more than one file check if ActiveX filtering is activated and turn it off (Menu Extra in Internet Explorer).
4) By adding the picture to the post you can determine the order of the pictures. (screenshot #4) If you do not use this the pictures will be posted in the order you see them below the text box.
GHW is the place to come to if you want to look at top quality militaria with high quality pictures . Blurry out of focus photos, and photos obscured by glare are not allowed on this forum.
In order to maintain that quality we have to ask everyone to respect our minimum allowed picture size.
The minimum picture size we want to see posted on the forum is 800x600. (But bigger is better) Smaller pictures are not of this century anymore. The size we can display full screen now is even 1024x768.
When posting photos of helmets, please post both profiles, the interior, the maker, lot number, and size. Decal closeups are mandatory.
It will benefit you and it will benefit other members. Good large photos will help members appreciate a helmet more , good large photos show more detail and help with an evaluation.
Our moderators will ask that the minimum size is respected.
If you need help just let us know.
Here a comparison where you can instantly see the benefit of larger photos.
* Easy way to contribute to help maintain the forum. Possibility to contribute anonymously. No set fee. No obligation.
We pay our host for use of the server and bandwith but that's not all. Fast support and good support is also essential for when the database crashes , we get hacked or are under virus attack. A lot of expensive man hours are spent solving such issues and of course hardware needs replacing or upgrading as well.
Less downtime means more enjoyment for everyone
* Transparant. Proceeds go directly to the source.
German Helmet Walhalla is not sponsored by militaria dealers as so often is the case with other forums.
We are an independent non-profitable forum. Maintaining this independence is important because we want German Helmet Walhalla to be the best tool for collectors in the 21st century without having to compromise.
* Donate how , where ?
With Paypal or wire transfer. Top of the mainpage above the News box you will find the 'donate button'.
For a wire transfer contact me for details.
Members who donate will receive a special Veteran donator badge , this badge will remain for 90 days.