ADVERTISING : There's only one place to sell stuff and that's in the Classifieds section. The rest of the forum is for discussion purposes , therefore we ask of the members to refrein from "marketing" OR "advertising" their wares they may have put up for sale or are going to be put up for sale. Members can still post up items in the forum you are gonna sell a day later but don't use the thread as an opportunity to advertise the sale. Those whom we consider dealers will not be allowed this liberty. SPAM : Our spam rules are clear , like above we won't allow sites that sell militaria to advertise/spam on GHW. This includes members who spam for a dealer intentionally or unintentionally. Consider us as a neutral zone. Apart from a link in your signature spam can be anything else , a watermark , a link in a post , etc ... It will be determined by the administration what will be removed. DEALERS : As stated throughout the forum, GHW is a free non-sponsored not-for-profit site. As such this forum is not to be used as a selling platform in any way. If you have items for sale use the Classifieds section but don't use the forum to market your new soon to be sold wares. Give your customers the chance to show their precious new pieces on our forum.
Forum Behavior Expectations 04/25/2017A few reminders on our behavior expectations for old and new members alike. We are a Discussion Forum, NOT a debating forum. Discussion is a cordial give and take, debate is taking a firm position in which there is a winner and a loser, they are not the same thing. We do not condone shouting others down by way of replying to every single post from other forum members in a thread. If you have proof a helmet is or is not what it appears please state it. If not, then it is merely your opinion and that means others are entitled to theirs. Allow them the courtesy to state it. Forum members are not opponents who are to be bested. We can agree to disagree here as gentlemen. Baiting threads are not allowed and will be closed/deleted at the sole discretion of the administrators and the membership status immediately reviewed. Baiting is the worst form of forum behavior and is simply not tolerated. Members are expected to post all relevant information when asking for opinions and not to withhold information that may alter others opinions. Please respect these simple rules of engagement. It helps to make our forum a pleasant place to interact with fellow collectors, share knowledge and encourages sharing collections.
It's very important as a new member that you know how to post and how to conduct yourself on this forum.
Unlike other forums German Helmet Walhalla has a very specific set of regulations.
You'll find we are especially strict when it comes to pictures. Good pictures are liked by all. Bad pictures are often useless.
1) Observe and know the posting rules before you start posting on this forum
CLICK HERE TO READ THEM
2) The best way to make yourself known to the forum is to show some pieces of your collection in separate topics.
3) When posting an item of your collection (for evaluation or show) or if you are looking for advice please use common sense :
- Post detailed pictures (close-ups of decals , liner of a helmet) , our moderators will ask for them if they are not provided.
Failure to comply can result in your topic being removed.
- Post big pictures , size 800x600 or bigger
- Make sure to post all photos of the item to be reviewed , every bit off information is important.
- Post maker, size and lot number.
- On this forum you can add all your pictures in one post.
- Take your time to make a nice presentation , add any info you have. (maker , lotnr)
- Post sharp pictures
4) Participation is a keyword here , to become a permanent member your participation will be evaluated.
- As this is a collectors forum we expect that you create at least one or more topics on this forum.
- Posting repetitive posts to quickly gain access to the protected sections will not be tolerated.
Anymore questions will be answered here : http://www.ghw2.com/forum/25-forum-frequently-asked-questions/
Dear members , Please read more here. http://www.ghw2.com/topic/20720-the-size-of-your-photos-matters/